Thursday, July 19, 2012

Where will Day 4 take us?

So I only got about 4.5 hours of sleep last night since I thought it would be a good idea to stay up and work on another Photo Story after working on my Storytelling for HOURS.
I guess it was worth it, because I personally think it turned out good (one minor glitch) and I got the seal of approval from the family!

So about this  Storytelling, like I said in a previous post, I thought it was pretty simple to make. 

Am I completely satisfied with it and want to show it to the entire world? No.

Do I think it is a decent enough piece, especially for a first try at such a thing? Yes.

Someone commented and said that since I said it was about my first year of teaching, I should focus on the eduational part of it.  Well yeah, that was pretty terrible too since I had no idea what I was doing, 17 year old boys don't think they should listen to a 22 year old girl, I had no administrative support in anything, and the school in general pretty much sucks.

But I said that it took a personal toll, didn't I? I think that's more what I was wanting to focus on.  I guess I should look more into adapting it to show exactly what I wanted, so I will have to think about how to do that.

My **nugget** I guess was that I wanted to show that I had a terrible first year of teaching with everything happening and it made me not want to teach. And then I realized they can't break me, and I am now back to being really excited about teaching!

I put in all of the personal things to kind of show that my life was going pretty shitty anyway, and then built up and tried to focus more (guess I need to find a way to emphasize this) on the investigation and all of that crap.

It wasn't really the students that did anything wrong. Yeah there were a couple shitheads that made things hard. Inappropriate boys made stupid comments without thinking about how they could hurt people(which  doesn't travel well, especially when you are under investigation for misconduct). Bitchy little girls who are, well, bitchy (and unfortunately know they have power over you because they can say whatever they want... make up stuff that never happened, etc.). But overall, I had good kids.

I guess I will have to look at how to restructure, emphasize, highlight, add different photos, scrap something, IDK! I'll have to do something to get the message across a little better,

No comments:

Post a Comment