Tuesday, July 17, 2012

And Day 2 Comes to a Close...

Today started off just like yesterday... with me totally lost and feeling like I was the only one who had no clue what was going on.

And then we had the amoeba of trust, where I voiced that I was completely lost, and everyone else gave some sort of insightful comment. Just a typical day in my life.

Today we worked on Photo Stories. I must say I liked them much more than podcasts. I am more of a visual person, so I liked being able to see things rather than hear them. And I think photos are much easier to manipulate than voice recordings.

I came prepared, with a couple different stories I could tell, just incase one of them didn't work out like I wanted. I "played" around with different things, and learned how to use some different programs to build my story.

I like Flickr. Easy to use and make a slideshow.

Google Presentation seemed easy enough to use, but it wouldn't accept all of my photo formats, so I had to scrap it.

Scribd wasn't very impressive, so I kind of scrapped it too.

I still love PowerPoint. So easy to use and navigate.

authorStream was really cool. Good to know that you can so easily make a video out of a powerpoint and then share it on places like mobile devices.

Overall, I would say today was alright. I'm still not super confident about stuff, but I think the more I mess around with stuff, the easier it will get.

I feel really rushed in this class. I know the overall theme of yesterday was podcasts, and today was photo stories, and tomorrow is going to focus on one main thing, and so on and so forth.

But like Keri was talking about before, I'm a smart person, and I don't like not getting it. My boyfriend bitches at me all the time for trying to take the easy way out. But I am used to things being easy. And if something wasn't easy, I would move on to something else because I think there is too much out there to experience to waste time on something you don't immediately enjoy.

But now, there is no moving on. I just have to buckle down and do it. 
Will I use a podcast in my classroom? Most likely not.
Am I glad I at least know how to use it if for some reason I am told I have to? Absolutely.

I just need to learn to go into things with an open mind and open heart and take it for what it is. I didn't really know if I would enjoy SI this year, and look at all the wonderful things that came out of it.
 Am I going to love every minute of this class? No.
Do I think kids love every minute of my class? No.
Am I getting to experience new things with new people? Yes.
Is that worth the pain in the ass that some of this technology is causing? ...... Yes.
Will I have a breakdown by the end of this? Maybe, but I will try to save that for after 4pm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment