Tuesday, July 17, 2012

5 Frame Photo Story... and all that went with it

Final Photostory

The New Lord of the Flies



What a fun, crazy experience this was. While I can't say it was easier than the podcast, it was definitely more exciting.
Kyle was a really good sport, and the "story" concept was actually his idea. And of course I figured if he was going to put on camo face paint and crawl around pretending to shoot flies (instead of actually trying to shoot flies, which he does, a lot lately) I would definitely let him. I appreciated him helping to use Paint (which I remember now that I hate) in order to create the last photo.
We played around with a few different scenarios of what could happen in the story, but this was definitely the most fun one.

With the first photo story, I spent quite a while deciding which program to use. I ultimately went with Flickr because I could easily find it on Windows (as I hate Mac) and because some of the other programs I tried (such as google presentation) wouldn't let me use the last picture because it was originally made in Paint. 
Once I decided on it, it was super easy to put the slideshow together. As something quick and dirty to get started, I liked it.

When it came to adding more to it, I had no idea if Flickr was even an option. Where could I put pictures, words, and music all together and then make it move from one to the other?
PowerPoint! Duh!

So I found some intersting music to add to it. Rehearsed the timings. Set the transitions. And then added it to my blog!

Oh wait, no I didn't!

This was the part that wasn't so super fun. I couldn't figure out how to get my PowerPoint.

I tried putting it on Scribd, but that didn't work. The pictures were all blurry and there was no sound.

So, after some searching for ways to put a powerpoint into a youtube video, I had not so awesome results.

I changed the format of the video on PP and then uploaded it to YouTube. Decent picture quality, but no sound.

Back to searching on ehow, and I came across an article about authorStream.  This place was genius! So easy to turn it into a video straight from the original PP and then I can just add the link to my blog and it plays on their website just like it would on YouTube.  And the pictures are good, and it saved my sound!

Overall, this was much more enjoyable than yesterday's assignment and I will probably make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment